The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is seeking seasonal sound and movie technicians to work outdoor events this summer in the parks. There are over 200 free outdoor concerts across six venues, as well as more than 70 movies airing at dozens of local parks.
Tech responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up and operate small and medium-sized outdoor live sound reinforcement systems.
- Set up and operate outdoor video projection system
- Utilize signal flow and proper gain structure with all necessary microphones, mixing consoles, amplifiers, processors, equalizers, loudspeakers, monitors, snakes, cables, stands and auxiliary equipment
- Provide the best sound and video possible with the resources available
- Document any repairs needed to help maintain audio and video equipment
- Provide technical support, assistance, and expertise to various programs and special events as assigned
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, adapt to changing conditions and situations, and to maintain confidentiality in work-related matters
- Anyone with valid driver’s license may be asked to tow a trailer with an official MPRB vehicle
- College degree from audio production or engineering school preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
- Must enjoy working outdoors
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Reliable access to a computer with internet connectivity. Regular checking of email
- Reliable cell phone for reaching day of events and for emergency purposes
- Reliable transportation to and from site. Ex, personal vehicle, bus, bike, etc
- Must pass MPRB seasonal employee background check
- Attend mandatory training on: MPRB policies and procedures, concert system, movie system*
$12.25/hr to $14.25/hr DOE. No benefits
This is a part-time position of up to 30 hours per week or less. Shifts range from 4-6 hours each, mostly evenings, with a combination of weekday, weekends, and some mornings. Movie shifts can run as late as midnight-1 am.
May 2019 – all paperwork must be completed before attending training.
Open until filled. If interested, please send cover letter and resume to:
Community Outreach – Events Manager
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
2117 W. River Rd Minneapolis, MN 55411