Pearl Park and Rec Center offers a wide range of programming for youth athletics, summer camps, adult fitness, community events and much more. Scheduled hours vary with most shifts occurring during afternoons/evenings and weekends. The successful applicant will work weekday evenings and/or weekend days. Pearl Recreation Center is open from 3:00-9:00pm M-F and 9:00am-4:00pm on Saturdays during the school year and Noon-9:00pm during the summer and school breaks. This part-time position is approximately 15-20 hours per week. Work schedule may vary depending on facility needs and programming schedule
The MPRB offers a variety of recreational opportunities for people of all ages at 47 neighborhood recreation centers. This position assist park director and program leaders with daily operations of recreation center, including coordination of recreation programs, customer service, and facility supervision. Typical rec center programs include preschool, afterschool childcare, youth sports, adult fitness and senior activities, as well as drop in activities such as open gym and ice skating.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist park director with daily operations of recreation center and park grounds, including coordination of recreation programs, facility supervision.
- Greet park patrons and provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist with inquiries about park programming via telephone, on-line or in person.
- Utilize recreation management software for program registration, financial transactions, facility scheduling, and statistical reporting.
- Complete data entry on computer system.
- Maintain positive costumer service interactions with park users of all ages.
- Assist program leaders in planning and leading park programs and activities as needed.
- Assist Program Leaders in creating activity calendars, lesson plans, flyers, and permission slips on a computer.
- Recruit youth in and around park to join activities.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of special events.
- Supervision of warming room during winter ice rink season.
- Completes other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Post‐secondary coursework with a minimum of two (2) completed courses in recreation, sports management, education, child development, youth studies or a related field.
- Three months of work experience in customer service, recreation facilities, or with youth serving organization.
- An equivalent combination of related experience, education and training may be considered.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with or ability to quickly learn ActiveNet Recreation Management software and other internal software programs.
- Position requires candidates who are reliable, hardworking, positive, motivated, creative, problem solvers.
- Must be 18 years or older
Compensation: $11.25 – $13.25
Hours: Approx. 15 hours/week. Weekday evenings, Weekend days.
To Apply: Email resume and/or application [PDF] to email@example.com
414 E. Diamond Lake Rd
Minneapolis, MN 55419