Yes, all set up and take down must be completed in the time booked.
1301 Theodore Wirth Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55422
Monday – Sunday & Holidays
Times vary depending on event type.
This site is not recommended for events that require ADA access.
Activities & Amenities
This quaint Swiss style chalet, Wirth Chalet, has an ambiance of a rustic lodge. An adjacent stone terrace creates the opportunity for your guests to enjoy both the inner elegance of the Fireplace Room and the peaceful wilderness of Theodore Wirth Park.
Features & Amenities
- Exposed Beams
- Free wireless Internet
- Pub Room
- Vaulted Ceilings
- Wood Burning Fireplace
Good to Know
Chairs and tables included in facility rate
Indoor facility guarantees protection from all types of weather
Option to hold ceremony and reception
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no kitchen available.
No, there are no tents or canopies allowed for setup.
Tours are held most Tuesdays at noon and 5:30 pm. This is a great opportunity to utilize Tuesdays for planning to meet with vendors or take measurements once reserved. Please call 612-370-4843 or email email@example.com to confirm your visit.
Rehearsals or other needs must occur during your rental permit times. Additional rental days can be secured.
Yes, all alcohol must be contracted through a MPRB approved caterer. A Police Officer must be hired to be on-site during the time of serving alcohol, plus one hour after closing.
Yes, all food services must be contracted through a MPRB approved caterer.
Yes, supplies are based on fire code capacity. Rental of additional items are available through MPRB approved caterers and party rentals. (This is not included in the MPRB fees)
There is minimal power available. Locations include one plug in on Terrace, one plug in in Porch, one plug in Brides Room, and two lines of power in Main room. Our power reflects the 1900’s. We ask that you keep your caterers in mind when planning out your electrical needs.
Yes, customer must provide own wood for burning and tend to the fire needs. This requires additional permission.
Dogs are not allowed inside the facility (except for service dogs).
Yes – Note, flame candles must be in a votive. No balloons, tape, tacks, nails or any items that may impact the facility.
Yes, if application has been approved and location booked, change in date and time is subject to additional fees. Change in date and time requires at least 30 days notice from date of original event.
Fees vary depending on event: Facility Rental Fee, Service Fee, Ceremony Fee, Damage Deposit Fee, Police Office Fee, Administrative Fee (permit changes/modifications).
Facility Rental Fee and Damage Deposit is required at time of application approval. If applicable, Ceremony and Police Officer Fee required sixty days (60) prior to event date.
Yes, additional fee(s) may be applied
The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board has a “No Refunds Policy”.
Rates & Application
You will need to apply for a permit to reserve this location for your indoor wedding, reception or other event. We accept applications for reservations as far out as the end of the following calendar year on a first paid, first served basis.
Permit Application Process
- Download and review the appropriate application:Wedding Ceremony Application [PDF]Receptions & Events Application [PDF]
- Complete and submit your permit application:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or In Person:
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
2117 West River Road N
Minneapolis, MN 55411Fax: 612-230-6504
- If available, we will reserve the site for your preferred date and time
- We will contact you to discuss your application and to arrange payment
- Upon receipt of payment we will issue your permit
Monday-Thursday: $300 plus tax
Friday: $725 plus tax
Saturday & Holidays: $1050 plus tax*
Sunday: $575 plus tax
Service Fee: $250 plus tax
Additional Ceremony Fee
$500 plus tax
Ceremonies are allowed when booked with a reception at this location.
Ceremony Setup Options
- Chairs (included in rate)
- Tables (included in rate)
Other wedding extras are available to rent for an additional fee through our preferred party rental vendors.
Contact: Audra Magel
Contact: Karla Vitez
Contact: Emily James or Russ Mohr
- Ceremony Permits are required and issued for either three or six hours, including setup, rehearsal, photos, etc.
- Ceremony Permits guarantee that no other ceremony or event is scheduled at the same time in the same location. A permit does not guarantee exclusive use of a park area for a private event. Other park visitors may still use the park, but are usually considerate of permit holders’ needs and move out of the immediate area. On-site event attendants assist.
- Battery powered amplification systems are allowed only in specified areas (no electricity available). Amplification systems are limited to microphones, CDs and iPod/MP3 players. Permit holders must rent amplification equipment from one of our preferred vendors.
- We only allow chairs in specified areas. Permit holders must rent chairs from one of our preferred vendors.
- Flowers or any other vegetation may not be moved, cut or removed from any park in the Minneapolis Park System. (Park Board Ordinance 2.2).
- Littering is not permitted. Rice, confetti or birdseed is not permitted. Any flower boxes or other rubbish must be disposed of properly by the permit holder. Frequently, there are numerous weddings scheduled consecutively at the same park area in one day. Clean up should not be left to the next group, neighborhood residents or the park keeper.
- Tents or canopies are allowed only in specified areas, and require a six-hour permit. Permit holders must rent tents or canopies from one of our preferred vendors.
- We allow held chuppahs or chuppahs that rest on the ground surface. We do not allow staking or pounding due to potential damage to underground security, electric and irrigation systems.
- Alcohol is not permitted. Ceremonies which normally use wine must substitute with a non-alcoholic beverage.
Receptions & Events
The Fireplace Room is on the upper level of the Wirth Chalet. It is the perfect location for wedding receptions, corporate parties, and other events for up to 130 guests, seated, including seating in the main room and the adjacent porch opening into the Fireplace Room.
Fireplace Room: 38 x 40 feet
Porch: 12 x 38 feet
Pub Room: 26 x 23 feet
- Chairs (included in rate)
- Tables (included in rate)
Various menu options and event services available for an additional fee through our approved caterers.