Dozens of wading pools open this Saturday, May 25Posted on 23 May, 2019
Wading pools are a popular feature in more than 60 neighborhood parks. The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) opens many of them for the Memorial Day holiday weekend; the rest open after the last day of school for Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS).
- Hours: 10:00 am to 9:00 pm daily, through Monday, September 2 (Labor Day)
- Free to use
- Lifeguards are not on duty: Please keep safety in mind while enjoying the pools
Wading pool locations opening Saturday, May 25 *
Audubon – 1320 29th Ave. NE
Beltrami – 1111 Summer St. NE
Bryant Square – 3101 Bryant Ave. S
Bossen Field – 5601 28th Ave. S
Bryn Mawr – 601 Morgan Ave. S
Corcoran – 3334 20th Ave. S
Dickman – 614 Second St. NE
East Phillips Park Cultural and Community Center – 2307 17th Ave. S
Elliot – 1000 E 14th St.
Fuller – 4800 Grand Ave. S
Hi-View – 3474 2nd St. NE
Jackson Square – 2212 Jackson St. NE
Lake Hiawatha – 2701 E. 44th St.
Linden Hills – 3100 43rd St.
Logan – 690 13th Ave. NE
Loring – 1382 Willow St
Longfellow – 3435 36th Ave. S
Luxton – 112 Williams Ave. SE
Lynnhurst – 1345 Minnehaha Pkwy. W
Marshall Terrace – 2740 Marshall St. NE
McRae – 906 47th St. E
Mueller – 2509 Colfax Ave. S
North Commons – 1801 James Ave. N
Pershing – 3523 48th St. W
Phelps – 701 E 39th St.
Powderhorn – 3400 15th Ave. S
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr – 4055 Nicollet Ave. S
Riverside – 2700 8th St. S
Sibley – 1900 40th St. E
Van Cleve – 901 15th Ave. SE
Wabun (at Minnehaha) – 4655 46th Ave. S
* This list is accurate as of the published time above. Additional pools may be open by May 25.
Wading pool locations opening Saturday, June 8*
Armatage – 2500 57th St. W
Bethune– 1301 10th Ave N
Bohanon – 4917 Bryant Ave. N
Bottineau – 2000 2nd St. NE
Central Gym – 3416 S. Fourth Ave.
Cleveland – 3232 Queen Ave. N
Hall – 1524 Aldrich Ave. N
Harrison – 503 Irving Ave. N
Hiawatha School – 4305 42nd St. E
Holmes – 301 4th St. SE
Jordan – 2927 Irving Ave. N
Keewaydin – 3030 53rd St. NE
Kenny – 1328 58th St. W
Lyndale School – West 34th Street and Pillsbury Ave. S
Matthews – 2318 29th Ave. S
Peavey – 730 22nd St. E
Shingle Creek – 2010 50th Ave. N
Stewart – 2700 12th Ave. S
Victory – 4414 Upton Ave. N
Waite – 1810 34th Ave. NE
Whittier – 425 W 26th St.
Willard – 1626 Queen Ave. N
Windom Northeast – 2251 Hayes St. NE
*These wading pools open and close based on the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) calendar, because of their location in parks adjacent to MPS buildings.
Note: If a location is not listed above, its wading pool is temporarily closed for repairs or closed for the season due to a construction project.
Daily updates: Confirm a pool’s status before you arrive
Go to bit.ly/MPRBpools-status to find out whether a pool is open, closed temporarily, or closed for the season.
Looking to go deeper?
In addition to wading pools, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) offers dozens of other ways to enjoy the water:
- A day at the beach: Choose from 12 locations on six Minneapolis lakes.
- Jim Lupient Water Park and Webber Natural Swimming Pool both open for pre-season hours Saturday – Monday May 25 – 27 and Saturday-Sunday June 1 – 2. (Note: Due to a major repair project, North Commons Water Park will open in mid-July. Stay tuned for updates!)
- How about log-rolling, open swimming, youth rowing, canoeing or sailing? Check out our classes, lessons and clubs for these and other activities.
Make a splash at two pools at the indoor Phillips Aquatics Center – open all year.