2000 Marshall St. NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
6 am-midnight in developed areas
6 am-10 pm in undeveloped areas
Not finding what you're looking for?
Search Parks & Destinations
See what's currently in the works for this park. Some projects may be under the name of the regional park or service area it lives within. View Current Projects
Name: The park was named for the Gluek Brewery and Gluek Mansion that once occupied the site. The Gluek Brewery was established in 1857. The name was officially adopted in 1995.
Acquisition and Development
The land for the park was purchased by the park board in 1978, eight years after the Gluek Brewery was demolished. The land was purchased with money provided by the Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources, which allocated money from proceeds of the Minnesota Lottery.
The first improvements to the park, including a playground, picnic area and river overlook, were completed in 1988. The park was closed in 2004 due to concerns over contaminated soil from long industrial use. Following remediation work by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the park officially reopened in 2008 with new paths, river overlook, picnic shelter, drinking fountain and landscaping.
Park history compiled and written by David C. Smith.