Search for information, find activities, or browse board meetings and agendas.
Due to the incoming winter storm, all recreation centers will close at 6 pm, Friday, Jan. 17 and remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 18. All programs, events and games during that time are canceled, except for Hockey Day Minnesota at Parade Stadium. Warming houses and ice rinks are scheduled to open at noon on Jan. 18.
Built in 1849, the Stevens House was moved to its current location in 1896 by an estimated 10,000 school children, tugging on huge ropes in relay fashion.
Ard Godfrey House
The oldest surviving frame home in the Twin Cities, built in 1848.
Heffelfinger Fountain Dedication in 1947
Theodore Wirth, Minneapolis Mayor Hubert Humphrey, Francis Gross and Charles Doell at the dedication of the Heffelfinger Fountain at Lyndale Park
Hop on a lightrail train and visit the first train station on the west bank of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, now operating as a museum.
Built in 1906 as a replica of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s home in Cambridge, MA, it now serves as an information center.
Maude Armatage's 90th Birthday in 1960
Maude Armatage was the first women elected to the park board. She served from 1921 to 1951, the longest consecutive service in board history. She is pictured with Inez Crimmins and Lorna Phillips, the second and third women to serve as park commissioners.
Theodore Wirth Home and Administration Building
Theodore Wirth, the longest-serving park superintendent, led the transformation of Minneapolis parks into a nationally renowned park system from his drafting room in the Theodore Wirth Home.