Join us April 13 to help design the first-ever pump track in the Minneapolis park systemPosted on 9 April, 2019
Share your input and ideas at a workshop this Saturday, April 13
This spring, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is engaging with community members for the planning and design of a new bicycle pump and skills track, to be constructed next year at Perkins Hill Park in North Minneapolis.
Sometimes referred to as an all-wheel park or bike training course, a pump track features circuits of banked turns, mounds and other features that can be used by people of all ages and abilities with any type of bike, scooter or skateboard. While novices use them to build skills, pump tracks are also a challenging workout for advanced riders, who skip pedaling and maintain momentum with upper- and lower-body pumping motions.
Saturday, April 13, 9 am to noon
Venture North Bike Walk & Coffee, 1830 Glenwood Ave., Minneapolis
- Residents interested in biking, programs or general improvements at Perkins Hill Park
- Neighbors of Perkins Hill Park
- Community biking organizations and advocates
- Biking – skating – scooter communities
- Kids and families
- Get information about the project
- Help develop a conceptual design
- Food and beverages provided!