Help us expand community engagement for Northside parks master planningPosted on 9 May, 2017
Project proposals are due June 5
Do you have ideas for reaching Northside communities who are often left out of typical engagement processes? MPRB is looking for proposals from businesses, nonprofits, individuals and teams that can broaden community engagement and input on the North Service Area Master Plan (NSAMP). When it’s completed next year, the NSAMP will guide capital improvements, management and operations within the park system’s North Minneapolis Service Area [PDF] for the next 30 years.
Engagement projects from Community Connectors are an important part of the NSAMP, which is driven substantially by the community. The request for proposals (RFP) [PDF] asks specific questions about the proposed engagement project, its planning and execution, and the experience of the proposer in working in North Minneapolis and with a targeted community.
Community Connectors will be selected by the Community Advisory Committee in coordination with MPRB staff. After completing their engagement projects, Community Connectors prepare a Final Report of Engagement, which will be incorporated into the NSAMP project along with MPRB-led engagement and help inform park designs and the NSAMP vision.
- Visit the NSAMP page for project details and to download the Community Connector RFP [PDF]
- Pick up the RFP at the customer service desk at MPRB headquarters or – after May 18 – at any of the six recreation centers in the North Service Area: Creekview, Farview, Folwell, Harrison, North Commons, Webber
- Attend a Community Connector information session on May 25 at 4 pm at the North Commons Recreation Center (you can submit a proposal without attending this session)
- Contact project manager Adam Arvidson at 612-230-6470 / email@example.com
Note: MPRB will translate applications upon request.
Other ways to get involved in the NSAMP
- Sign up for email updates
- Attend Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings, which end with a brief public comment period. CAC meetings are currently scheduled for Wednesday, May 24 and Thursday, June 15; get details on the MPRB website.
- Attend other public meetings throughout the spring and summer of 2017; MPRB will send email updates when they are scheduled.
Adam Regn Arvidson, PLA, FASLA
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board