Position information: The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) will hire three (3) motivated interns to assist the Planning Division over the summer months. Interns will primarily work outdoors conducting visitor counts within the regional parks of Minneapolis. Additional duties include assistance with community assessment, analysis, current projects, and strategic initiatives.
The Planning Division provides expertise to lead, advise, and guide the development and redevelopment of the Minneapolis park system. The division oversees park system analysis and master planning, capital program development, real estate management, design and engineering, and park construction administration.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work outdoors conducting visitor counts
- Assist with community assessment, analysis, current projects, and strategic initiatives.
- Course of study related to urban studies, environmental sciences, landscape architecture, or park and leisure studies
- Demonstrated interest in parks and open space
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite and Adobe CS; GIS skills a plus
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Coursework and/or experience in strategic planning, environmental studies, urban design, or recreation management
- Familiarity with current data analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
Compensation: $10-11.99 per hour, non-benefited (mileage reimbursement eligible)
Hours: 35-38 (includes weekends and holidays)
Apply by submitting the following materials: Resume and Cover letter detailing your reason(s) for interest in the position
Deadline to apply: April 3, 2018
Direct questions to:
2117 West River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55411