The Park Stewards Program allows volunteer groups or individuals to restore, maintain and beautify gardens and natural areas within Minneapolis parks.
Volunteers tend the site as needed, with most (if not all) of the work occurring in non-snow months. Each Steward agreement is unique according to the site and interest of the volunteer(s).
Volunteer tasks could include one or more of the following:
- The tending of a garden bed
- Invasive species removal
- Trash pickup
Each Park Steward agreement identifies a lead volunteer who:
- Serves as a contact for the group and is a liaison with the Minneapolis Park Board
- Completes the initial agreement process and annual renewal
- Keeps a record of volunteer work and hours served
- Helps establish annual work goals for the group
Park Steward Leaders can expect to receive:
- A Minneapolis Park contact person to help with any questions/concerns
- Individual and group support as well as resource sessions with other Park Stewards
- The recognition and prestige that comes with being a Minneapolis Park Volunteer!
Contact Sherry Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-313-7778 for more information.