Next meeting scheduled July 22, 6-8 pm at Lake Nokomis Community CenterPosted on 12 July, 2019
Community Advisory Committee will continue its workshop discussion from June 11 meeting and create a preferred design alternative outline
The next Hiawatha Golf Course Property Master Plan Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting is scheduled Monday, July 22, 2019, 6-8:00 pm at Lake Nokomis Community Center, 2401 E Minnehaha Parkway.
This meeting continues the CAC’s workshop conversation around developing a singular preferred design alternative outline. Once agreed upon, the outline will be handed off to the project’s design team for refinement.
Here is where the CAC left its preferred design alternative outline:
- Pollution mitigation, City involved
- Fence comes down strategically, increase accessibility to park and water
- Revised/improved clubhouse, with winter activity
- Balance natural and recreation spaces with appropriate plantings
- Keep costs low, capital and maintenance
- Safe walking path around the lake, not necessarily directly adjacent to lake
- More purposeful interpretation African American and Indigenous history, art, and culture [unfinished, conversation to be continued]
All CAC meetings are public and everyone is welcome to attend. Snacks, refreshments, and passive children’s activities are provided. Please contact Cindy Anderson at 612-230-6472 or email@example.com to request language, access or interpretation accommodations.
CAC Meeting #6b
Date: Monday, July 22, 2019
Time: 6-8 pm
Location: Lake Nokomis Community Center
Address: 2401 E Minnehaha Parkway
Topic: Continuing the CAC workshop to create outline for single preferred design alternative