Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center closes for rehabilitation projectPosted on 12 September, 2019
In preparation for construction on a range of improvements, Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center closed August 17, 2019. General construction is schedule to start in September on the following:
- Addition of air conditioning
- New furnaces
- Restroom accessibility updates
- Other accessibility updates and improvements
- New meeting room / building addition (funded in part by the East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association)
- Lobby and reception desk modifications
- Additional repairs and updates
During the closure, consider visiting and registering for fall and winter programs at Bryant Square Recreation Center, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center, Painter Recreation Center and other locations.
The following Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center programs have been scheduled at other locations during the closure. All of other programs are on hiatus until the center re-opens in spring 2020.
- Preschool classes moved to Bryant Square Recreation Center
- Senior programs and dance programs moved to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center
- “Go Gymnastics” and homeschool programs moved to Painter Recreation Center
The park and most of its features will remain open during construction at the recreation center.
- Playground and playing fields: open during construction
- Ice rink and warming house: These amenities will open for the winter season, with a date to be announced
Thank you for your patience while we work to improve Minneapolis recreation centers!