Join us to celebrate major improvements at Central Gym Park Every neighborhood deserves a great park.Posted on 18 June, 2018
Tuesday, June 19 at 11am
Please join Mary Merrill, Superintendent of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB), along with President Brad Bourn, Commissioner AK Hassan and your Central community neighbors as we kick off renovations at Central Gym Park.
The June 19 event begins at 11am and includes a brief program, ceremonial dig and light refreshments.
Planned park improvements include:
- Athletic field updates with underground stormwater management and irrigation
- New playgrounds with separate area for kids 5-12 and a new tot lot
- Community gathering area update and expansion
- New full-size basketball court
- New and updated paths and walkways
- Skate park addition (still in planning phase)
This project includes funding from two Hennepin Youth Sports grants, MPRB’s park dedication fees and a $1.1 million allocation from its 20-Year Neighborhood Park Plan (NPP20 – see below). Special thanks to Hennepin County for their support!
Every neighborhood deserves a great park.
This project includes funding from NPP20, a historic agreement between the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) and the City of Minneapolis. It helps address racial and economic equity across 160 neighborhood parks and provides $11 million annually to maintain, repair and replace facilities.
Design Project Manager
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
612-230-6466 / KWilcox@minneapolisparks.org