Currie Park update: construction is on hold for the summerPosted on 11 April, 2019
Project will be reviewed, revised in the coming months.
Construction of a splash pad and restroom improvements will not occur at Currie Park this summer, because the one construction bid that was submitted for this project exceeded the project budget. As a result, the park will remain open for the summer.
Here’s what’s next for this project:
- MPRB staff and consultants will revise the project and schedule to meet the available budget.
- A second bidding process for construction will occur.
- Additional announcements will be made when a time frame for construction is confirmed.
About the Currie Park improvements project
- The plan includes a new splash pad and restroom improvement.
- It follows the master plan approved for Currie Park as part of the South Service Area Master Plan approved for all neighborhood parks in south Minneapolis in 2016.
- Sign up to receive email updates on this project.