Subscribe to Email Updates
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) will hold a public hearing at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, November 28, 2018, in the Board Room at its Headquarters located at 2117 West River Road, in Minneapolis for the Board of Commissioners to review and approve the proposed Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Action Plan, which updates MPRB’s […]
Check back soon to see updates on public comment on the draft Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Action Plan [PDF].
Accessibility improvements at 42 park and recreation center locations.Learn More
- Accessibility management team established
- Completion of draft plans
- Community outreach continues
- Public review and comment period
- Plan adoption
- Building and site assessments
- Policy and program review
- Community outreach begun
October 22, 2014
- Board approval of Consultant selection
There are currently no meetings scheduled. Check back or enter your email address above to subscribe and get notified of new meetings.
The update to MPRB’s ADA Action Plan ensures that MPRB programs, services and facilities are in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The updated plan includes input and recommendations from the public, technical experts and outside agencies. As a short-term plan, it covers actions to be taken over a two-year time period; in the process, it establishes a framework for ADA compliance for the next 25 years.
The ADA Action Plan will be used to guide the MPRB to:
- Make structural changes to facilities to remove barriers to accessibility
- Identify steps to meet service delivery goals
- Guide allocation of resources to support the above improvements throughout the park system