Register for Youth Winter Sports and Activities in Minneapolis Parks!Posted on 5 November, 2019
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) youth winter sports registration is open! To register, follow the links below, go to minneapolisparks.org/register and search for opportunities, or call or visit an MPRB Recreation Center near you.
- Ages 8-18
- Guaranteed eight regular season games with Invitational Tournament
- Open (no gender requirements): 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U, 16U, 18U
- Girls: 11U, 13U, 15U, 18U
The MPRB hosts a variety of fundamental basketball leagues and camps for children under 8 years old. These programs focus on learning and practicing basic skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting and rebounding.
Follow the link above to browse programs or contact your local recreation center to find a fit for your family.
- March-May, Ages 9-14 (8-year-olds may be waived up)
- Four regular season meets
- Citywide Meet will be held at end of regular season
- Meets are scheduled at North Star School Gym, 2410 Girard Ave N (Door 10)
- Youth compete for themselves at their own level
- Gymnasts may begin the season at the level passed in the previous season or the next level
- Gymnasts entering the program with USA Women’s Jr. Olympic Certification may be admitted above Level 2 with application to the citywide gymnastic director
Recreation Centers offering Team Gymnastics
Contact the below recreation centers directly for Youth Gymnastics registration information and details. Only Minneapolis teams are eligible for Youth Sports programs and 80% of team members must live within Minneapolis city limits.
- Armatage Recreation Center
- Audubon Recreation Center
- Lake Nokomis Community Center
- Longfellow Recreation Center
- Ages 6-15
- Guaranteed seven regular season games, plus Invitational Tournament
- Leagues are scheduled at several locations throughout the city of Minneapolis
- Squirts: Boys and Girls Kindergarten-4th Grade
- Open (no gender requirements): 11U, 13U, 15U
- Penguins: Girls 3rd-6th Grade
- Polar Bears: Girls 7th-9th Grade
- Ages 6-13, children turning 14 on or after September 1 may participate
- Guaranteed eight regular season matches, plus Citywide Tournament
- Matches scheduled at several locations throughout Minneapolis
- Open: 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U
- Girls: 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U
The MPRB is proud to offer adaptive sports and programs for children with disabilities! Follow the link above to browse a list of fall/winter programs. Questions? Call 612-230-6478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay involved in sports and make a positive contribution to your community by volunteering to coach a youth sports team! There are plenty of opportunities available across a number of different sports throughout the year. Follow the link above and fill out a short interest form, then we will follow up with more information.
Activities and Classes
Not into sports? Browse hundreds of activities and classes linked below:
Art, Ceramics, Crafts, Dance, Music, Pottery and Theater
Film Fanatics, Junior Engineers, Video Games
Baking and Cooking classes
Acrobatics, Indoor Playgrounds, Martial Arts, Open Gyms, Teen and Youth Yoga
Archery, Billiards, Books, Board Games, Chess, Creative Writing, Movies, Young Builders and Designers and more!
Boys and Girls Groups, Homework Help, Youthline Camps
Junior Naturalist Programs, Nature Nuts Programs, Snowshoeing
Preschool Programs and Camps
Outings are planned to the Aquarium, Art and History Museums, Grand Slam, Ice and Roller Rinks, Movie Theater, Ninja Warrior and Trampoline Gyms, Water Parks, Zoo and more!
Recreation Fee Assistance
Minneapolis residents who cannot afford instructional fees because of economic need may apply for fee assistance through the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Fee Assistance Program.