Bees, Honey, Games, Food and Music
These activities are free and open to the public No registration required
The Pollinator Party brings together bees, scientists, beekeepers, food, and live music. This annual event also provides an opportunity for people of all ages to celebrate the life and work of honey bees and native bees. Honey bees and wild bees play a major role in the productivity of American agriculture through the pollination of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
Join us for the Pollinator Party at Lyndale Park Gardens on the east side of Lake Harriet. The Pollinator Party brings together bees, scientists, beekeepers, food and live music. This annual event also provides an opportunity for people of all ages to celebrate the life and work of honey bees and native bees. The party will be near the Perennial Garden and the Phelps Fountain (also known as the Turtle Fountain). This event is free. Food and beverage will be available for purchase. Live music performances by Brass Messengers, Just Wolf, and more.
- Learn about honey bees and urban bee keeping
- Kids can earn a cone of ice-cream made with honey
- Discover the wild bees of the park with Heather Holm
- Make pollinator seed bombs with Monarch Joint Venture
- Learn about the Bee Lawns with Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
- Meet the 2020 American Honey Princess
- Learn about skin care from bee products with Worker B
- Learn how to help our endangered state bee with the U of MN Pollinator Ambassadors
- Turn your love of pollinators into policy change with Pollinate Minnesota
- Pop up native plant sale Minnesota Native Landscapes
MaryLynn Pulscher Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board 612-313-7784 email@example.com