Recreation volunteers bring a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience that support MPRB programs and events. They help provide opportunities for people play, learn, and grow.
Youth Sports Opportunities
Volunteers are needed for youth sports programs throughout the city.
- Basketball: November-March, Ages 6-18
- Hockey: November-February, Ages 6-15
- Wrestling: December-March, Ages 6-13
- Gymnastics: March-May, Ages 9-14
Recreation Program and Event Opportunities
There are a variety of ways to get involved at our Recreation Centers and with events happening in the parks, citywide.
Whittier Teen Night Volunteer
- Friday Nights
- Volunteer helps staff facilitate gym games
- Mentor youth in the park
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information: Our Volunteer Handbook [PDF] provides an introduction to the Minneapolis Park System and includes volunteer-related policies, procedures and work rules.
- Application: All recurring/ongoing volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application online or as a printable PDF before they begin their volunteer duties
Do you have a skill that you would like to share? Tell us about it by filling out the Volunteer Application online or as a printable PDF.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 612-230-6493 for more information. Like us on Facebook.