Recreation volunteers bring a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience that support MPRB programs and events. They help provide opportunities for people play, learn, and grow.
Youth Sports Opportunities
Volunteers are needed for youth sports programs throughout the city.
- Baseball Coaches: April-July, Ages 8-18
- Girls Softball Coaches: April-July, Ages 8-18
- T-Ball/Coach Pitch Baseball Coaches: April-June, Ages 4-7
- Track & Field Coaches: April-June, Ages 9-18
- Track & Field Meet Helpers: Thursday evenings, May-June
- Helpers assist staff in setting up and judging or timing events during the meets. No experience is necessary.
- Summer Soccer Coaches at Northeast Park: Mondays and Wednesdays, June-August. Grades 1st-8th.
Recreation Program and Event Opportunities
There are a variety of ways to get involved at our Recreation Centers and with events happening in the parks, citywide.
You can help with our April 27th Arbor Day Event at Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Park.
- Tree Planting Escorts:
- 10 -12 positions, 4-7 pm.
- Lead tree planting volunteers, adults and children, to planting zones at ½-hour intervals.
- Planting starts at 4:30.
- Game Zone:
- 3 - 6 positions, 4-8 pm.
- Monitor the game zone and lead family friendly games: Life-size Kubb and Checkers, and the Sawdust Penny Hunt.
- Nature Play:
- 2 - 3 positions, 4-8 pm.
- Monitor children’s activities in the nature play zone.
- The Arborist Experience:
- 9 positions, 4-8 pm.
- Assist MPRB arborists with the following activities: tree bucket truck rides, the climbing station challenge and the throw line launch.
To sign-up email email@example.com or call 612-313-7778.
Additional Event Opportunities
- For more information: Our Volunteer Handbook [PDF] provides an introduction to the Minneapolis Park System and includes volunteer-related policies, procedures and work rules.
- Application: All recurring/ongoing volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application online or as a printable PDF before they begin their volunteer duties
Do you have a skill that you would like to share? Tell us about it by filling out the Volunteer Application online or as a printable PDF.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-230-6493 for more information. Like us on Facebook.