Open House SummariesPosted on 6 November, 2019
Open House #1 – August 26, 2019
The first open house was held at Harrison Recreation Center a few blocks away from the project site. Members of the community stopped by to help prioritize elements approved in the recent neighborhood park master plan for construction in 2020. The top priorities are:
- Improved access to the creek
- Naturalized areas and native plantings
- New loop trails
- New and refreshed sidewalks
- New play equipment and a refreshed play area
- New picnic shelter
Open House #2 – October 24, 2019
The second open house unveiled the draft concept plan for the improvements project. The plan was created using input received from the first open house, in-house staff, an online survey, and conversations with the Harrison Neighborhood Association’s Community Development Committee. the draft concept plan includes all of the top priorities and compliments the approved neighborhood park master plan.
- Check out the draft concept plan here.
- Take a survey and let us know how you want the park to look! Kids are welcome to provide input on the play features too!
The MPRB Commissioners will hold a public hearing on November 20, 2019 at 6:30pm at Mary Merrill Headquarters. Please come and voice your opinion of the plan to the commissioners.