726 Vineland Place
Minneapolis, MN 55403
For information on this site at the newly reconstructed Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, please contact Customer Service.
Features & Amenities
Good to Know
Available for rental year-round
Indoor facility guarantees protection from all types of weather
Option to hold ceremony and reception
Additional ceremony sites available at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
Parking fees are not included in the cost of a wedding permit
Rates & Application
You will need to apply for a permit to reserve this location for your indoor wedding, reception or other event. We accept applications up to 12 months in advance on a first paid, first served basis.
Permit Application Process
- Download and review the appropriate application:
- Complete and submit your permit application:
Mail or In Person:
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
2117 West River Road N
Minneapolis, MN 55411
- If available, we will reserve the site for your preferred date and time
- We will contact you to discuss your application and to arrange payment
- Upon receipt of payment we will issue your permit
$500 plus tax (Three-Hour Permit)
Ceremony & Reception, Reception Only
$1000 plus tax
Ceremony Setup Options
Chairs, amplification, tents, archways, and other wedding extras are available to rent for an additional fee through our preferred party rental vendors.
- Ceremony Permits are required and issued for either three or six hours, including setup, rehearsal, photos, etc.
- Ceremony Permits guarantee that no other ceremony or event is scheduled at the same time in the same location. A permit does not guarantee exclusive use of a park area for a private event. Other park visitors may still use the park, but are usually considerate of permit holders’ needs and move out of the immediate area. On-site event attendants assist.
- Battery powered amplification systems are allowed only in specified areas (no electricity available). Amplification systems are limited to microphones, CDs and iPod/MP3 players. Permit holders must rent amplification equipment from one of our preferred vendors.
- We only allow chairs in specified areas. Permit holders must rent chairs from one of our preferred vendors.
- Flowers or any other vegetation may not be moved, cut or removed from any park in the Minneapolis Park System. (Park Board Ordinance 2.2).
- Littering is not permitted. Rice, confetti or birdseed is not permitted. Any flower boxes or other rubbish must be disposed of properly by the permit holder. Frequently, there are numerous weddings scheduled consecutively at the same park area in one day. Clean up should not be left to the next group, neighborhood residents or the park keeper.
- Tents or canopies are allowed only in specified areas, and require a six-hour permit. Permit holders must rent tents or canopies from one of our preferred vendors.
- We allow held chuppahs or chuppahs that rest on the ground surface. We do not allow staking or pounding due to potential damage to underground security, electric and irrigation systems.
- Alcohol is not permitted. Ceremonies which normally use wine must substitute with a non-alcoholic beverage.
For information on receptions or other special events at this site within the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, please contact Customer Service after January 1, 2018.
|Approved Caterers||Alcohol Services||Vegetarian||Vegan||Kosher||Gluten-free||Full Service||Drop Off Only||China/Glass/
|Amy Nadeau Catering||x||x||x|
|Chowgirls Killer Catering||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Classic Catering & The Picnic Pleasers||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Common Roots Catering||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Create Catering & The Dining Studio||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Divine Swine Catering||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
(Calhoun, Roseville, and Plymouth locations only)
|Fork and Flair||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Gardens of Salonica||x||x||x||x|
|Green Mill Catering||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Irons in the Fire||x||x||x||x|
|K’s Revolutionary Catering & More||x||x||x|
|Kowalskis (catering division only)||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Lord Fletcher’s Catering||x|
|Lunds & Byerlys Catering (catering division only)||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Mighty Fine Catering||x||x||x||x||x|
|Mr. Pig Stuff||x||x||x||x||x|
|Olivias Organic Café/Premium Bar Service -Hire a Host||x||x||x||x||x|
|Pinstripes Catering (Edina)||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Qdoba (Uptown Location Only)||x||x||x||x|
|Sawatdee (Catering Division Only)||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Sioux Chef Catering||x||x||x||x||x|
|Sonnys Ice Cream/Crema Café||x||x|
|Twin Cities Paella||x||x||x||x|
|We Cater to You||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|