Catering Vendor Permit Fees
$75 one-time application fee plus 12% of food and/or beverage profits per event
Click to apply for a Catering Vendor Permit [PDF]
Must meet all requirements in order to be added to the list. Specific catering guidelines included in the application. Application approvals will begin in 2017.
Food Truck Permit
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board allows licensed food truck operators to apply for a one-day permit to operate in designated areas within the park system.
Food Truck Vendor Permit Fees
$35 per day
Food Truck Locations
These are the only locations within the Minneapolis Park System where food trucks are allowed. Up to two permitted food trucks may operate at each location per day.
- Crown Roller Parking Lot located near the entrance to the Stone Arch Bridge off of West River Parkway
- Bryn Mawr Parking Lot
- Wabun Main Parking Lot (near wading pool)
- North Mississippi Main Parking Lot
- Webber Main Parking Lot
- Northeast Parking Lots
- Theodore Wirth Beach Main Parking Lot
- Bossen Field Parking Lots
- Peavey Field Parking Lot
- Click to apply for a Mobile Food Vendor Permit
- Click the "Quick Reserve" button
- Login to your Account. If you do not have an account, click the "Create New Account" button.
For those planning to operate a food truck within the Minneapolis Park System, please carefully review the Food Truck Vendor Frequently Asked Questions [PDF] and keep the following rules in mind:
- A permit is required to park a food truck anywhere within the Minneapolis Parks System.
- Only licensed and inspected Minneapolis Food Truck operators are allowed to set up in the park. If you are not a licensed Minneapolis Food Truck operator you must first obtain the necessary Mobile Food Vendor Vehicle License from the City of Minneapolis [PDF] before a permit will be granted.
- No refunds will be given for any reason once the permit has been issued.
- A permit is only valid for one calendar day, and is valid only for the date for which it is issued.
- Operators are responsible for clean-up and trash removal generated from their operation in the immediate area.
- Food trucks must park in a parking lot and must not impede normal traffic flow.
- Food trucks may not park on the grass or pathways.
- Parking fees are not included in the cost of a food truck permit. In parking lots that charge for parking, each food truck operator must pay for the number of stalls and for the time the truck occupies the parking spaces.
- Permits will be limited by area.
- Permits are valid only during park hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Food truck operators will be assessed for all damages or extra trash clean up within the park generated by their operation.
- Food trucks found operating without a permit or in areas not designated in the list above will be subject to a citation.
Call 612-230-6400 for additional Food Truck permitting information.