Work Group reconvenes on April 18 to discuss parks without recreation centersPosted on 11 April, 2018
All are welcome, even if they didn’t attend the group’s first meeting!
This work group is one of four dedicated to particular Northside parks and related topics. These groups are part of the planning process for the North Service Area Master Plan (NSAMP), which covers all neighborhood parks in Minneapolis north of I-394 and west of the Mississippi River.
For its second meeting, this work group reconvenes to look at initial concepts for Northside neighborhood parks without recreation centers and to provide guidance to the design team.
NSAMP Work Group on Parks without Recreation Centers
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
4pm to 5:30pm
Creekview Recreation Center, 5001 Humboldt Ave N.
About the NSAMP work groups
- Formed at the suggestion of members of the NSAMP Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
- Community-led, with support from Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) staff
- Will delve more deeply into their topics: parks without recreation centers; North Commons Park; parkland along Shingle Creek; and connections between and design of the parks along Bassett’s Creek in the Bryn Mawr and Harrison neighborhoods
- Will bring recommendations into the park design process
- Will NOT make any final decisions