Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail Construction UpdatePosted on 25 October, 2017
Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Trail Improvement Update
- Trail work over the Lake Street Bridge is complete. A new railing and pavement markings will be installed soon.
- Work is nearly complete at the northeast end of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska with site restoration, signage, pavement markings and tree plantings scheduled over the next few weeks.
- All traffic control will be removed shortly; however, construction activities will continue in this area, so park users should exercise caution.
- Pedestrian ramp improvements are complete around all of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska.
- Work to relocate the pedestrian trail away from the lake’s edge to create a space where the Bde Maka Ska Public Art Project will be installed is complete. Click the following link for more information on this public art project: Bde Maka Ska Public Art Project
Intersection Improvement Update
- Work is 75% complete on the new at-grade crossing at Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue on the west side of East Calhoun Parkway, which includes new pedestrian ramps at both intersections. All at-grade or below-grade work will be complete in the next two weeks.
- The temporary signals installed by the City of Minneapolis will be in place until spring 2018, when permanent signals will be installed by City workers.
- Lane reductions will be in place for eastbound Lake Street and westbound Lagoon Avenue for the next two weeks.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public’s patience while work is performed.