Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail Construction UpdatePosted on 26 July, 2017
Trail work around the Lake Harriet Bandshell continues and work begins around Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska
Trail repairs and construction continue at Lake Harriet and begin at Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska as part of the Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail and Access Improvements project.
Lake Harriet Trail Construction Update
- The new ramp connecting W 44th Street to Lake Harriet Trail is complete.
- The north entrance to the Lake Harriet Bandshell Parking Lot will remain closed for approximately two more weeks. The south entrance remains open.
- The Lake Harriet Bandshell Restrooms will also be closed during this time. Satellite restrooms will be provided in the area.
- A bicycle trail detour will remain in place around the west side of the Bandshell area as bicyclists will share the pedestrian trail for a short stretch. Bicyclists are asked to yield to pedestrians through this zone.
- Additional bike parking will be added on the east side of the Bandshell area.
Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Trail Construction Begins
- Construction to expand the bicycle and pedestrian trail over the Lake Street Bridge has begun. One lane of eastbound vehicle traffic on Lake Street is closed through September for construction staging and traffic control.
- Bicyclists traveling under the Lake Street Bridges must dismount and walk their bicycles because the trail will be shared with pedestrians over the next 6-8 weeks. Please follow all signage to maintain a safe environment for all trail users.
- Trail improvements north of Lagoon Avenue will begin soon. Please follow posted pedestrian and bicycle detours.
- Pedestrian ramp improvements will also begin soon around Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public’s patience while work is performed.