Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail Construction UpdatePosted on 9 August, 2017
Trail work around Lake Harriet is complete; construction continues around Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is excited to announce Lake Harriet Trail repairs and construction are complete and vehicle and pedestrian detours are no longer in place. Now the Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail and Access Improvements project focus has shifted to northeast Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska.
Lake Harriet Trail Construction Update
- Trail work around Lake Harriet is complete.
- Both entrances to the Lake Harriet Bandshell Parking Lot are complete with the exception of striping.
- Due to an electrical issue, the restrooms at the Lake Harriet Bandshell are temporarily closed, but expected to reopen soon.
Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Trail Construction Update
- Work begins soon at northeast Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska. A bicycle dismount zone will be in place to keep this highly trafficked area safe.
- The Tin Fish restaurant and Wheel Fun Rentals will both remain open during construction. Follow onsite signage to visit these businesses.
- The boat launch at northeast Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska will be closed beginning Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 through Friday, Sept. 8, 2017.
- Construction continues on an expanded bicycle and pedestrian trail for the Lake Street Bridge. One lane of eastbound motorized vehicle traffic on Lake Street will remain closed through September for construction staging and traffic control.
- Bicyclists traveling under the Lake Street Bridge must dismount and walk their bicycles because the trail will be shared with pedestrians over the next 2-4 weeks. Please follow all signage to maintain a safe environment for all trail users.
- Trail improvements north of Lagoon Avenue are nearly complete. Please follow posted pedestrian and bicycle detours.
- Pedestrian ramp improvements have begun along the western side of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public’s patience while work is performed.