Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail Construction UpdatePosted on 8 September, 2017
Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Trail Improvement Update
- Trail work over the Lake Street Bridge is now nearly complete. A railing and pavement markings will be installed later this fall.
- Southbound East Calhoun Parkway from Lake St. to 36th St. will reopen tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017.
- The Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Boat Launch has reopened. Work was completed three days earlier than expected.
- Work continues at the northeast end of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska, with trail realignments and access improvements scheduled for three more weeks.
Intersection Improvement Update
- Work on a new at-grade crossing of Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue on the west side of East Calhoun Parkway begins Sept. 18.
- The City of Minneapolis has begun installing temporary signals at the Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue intersections on East Calhoun Parkway to facilitate the removal of the existing signal system.
- Lane reductions are planned for eastbound Lake Street and westbound Lagoon Avenue starting September 18. Motorists should expect delays.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public’s patience while work is performed.