Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska-Harriet Trail Construction UpdatePosted on 26 September, 2017
Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska Trail Improvement Update
- Trail work over the Lake Street Bridge is complete. A new railing and pavement markings will be installed later this fall.
- Work continues at the northeast end of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska. Trail realignments and access improvements are scheduled for one more week, and site restoration will extend into late fall.
- Work begins next week to relocate the pedestrian trail away from the lake’s edge to create a space where the Bde Maka Ska Public Art Project will be installed. Learn more about the Bde Maka Ska Public Art Project.
- Pedestrian ramps improvements are continuing around all of Lake Calhoun/Bde Maka Ska.
Intersection Improvement Update
- Work has begun on a new at-grade crossing of Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue on the west side of East Calhoun Parkway with demolition of curbs and sidewalk between Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue.
- The City of Minneapolis has finished installing temporary signals at the Lake Street and Lagoon Avenue intersections on East Calhoun Parkway and the existing signal system has been removed.
- Lane reductions are in place for eastbound Lake Street and westbound Lagoon Avenue. Motorists should expect delays.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board appreciates the public’s patience while work is performed.