Above the Falls Regional Park Master Plan update published for 45-day public comment periodPosted on 15 February, 2019
Update includes new regional park boundary at the Upper Harbor Terminal Site
On Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) published an update to the Above the Falls Regional Park Master Plan (ATF Plan) for a 45-day public comment period ending Sunday, April 1, 2019\. Above the Falls Regional Park covers riverfront parkland in North and Northeast Minneapolis between the Plymouth and Camden bridges.
Follow the links below to view and comment on the updated plan. Paper copies and feedback surveys are also available at Botttineau, Farview, Folwell, Logan, North Commons and Webber Recreation Centers, as well as the Carl W. Kroening Interpretive Center and Mary Merrill MPRB Headquarters.
The updated ATF Plan is sorted into a User Guide, Table of Contents/Executive Summary, 12 sections covering various aspects of the regional park, and two appendices. Follow the links below to view each section and submit comments online.
- 2019 User Guide [PDF]
- Table of Contents [PDF]
- Section 1: Planning Framework [PDF]
- Section 2: Park Background [PDF]
- Section 3: Community Engagement [PDF]
- Section 4: Visitor Demand [PDF]
- Section 5: Natural Resources Assessments and Management [PDF]
- Section 6: Park Development Concept [PDF]
- Section 7: Park Land Acquisition, Easements, and Conflicts [PDF]
- Section 8: Accessibility [PDF]
- Section 9: Public Service Needs [PDF]
- Section 10: Operations and Stewardship Plan [PDF]
- Section 11: Public Awareness [PDF]
- Section 12: Implementation Costs and Funding [PDF]
- Appendix A [PDF]
- Appendix B [PDF]