1/26/16 CAC Orientation SummaryPosted on 5 February, 2016
This meeting was held on January 26, 2016
- Agenda [PDF]
- Slides [PDF]
- Meeting Notes [PDF]
- The CAC spent a significant amount of time discussing equity, as a focus on equity is paramount for our stakeholders and the work we will be doing together. Prior to the meeting, we asked the CAC to take some time and read the following articles in order to have a foundation established:
- Additionally information about the Racial Equity Toolkit was shared in the presentation.
CAC’S Role and Responsibility
- The MPRB places a high value on the opinions, recommendations, and guidance of its CACs. The involvement in, and endorsement of, RecQuest’s vision, principles, ideas, and concepts will have a significant effect on the MPRB Commissioner’s approval of the final report.
- Because of this, it is always important that the project as a whole is considered—that all people that will use these recreation centers are considered and their needs are thought of as well as a CAC member’s own.
- Specifically, as approved by the Board, the CAC is tasked to:
- become knowledgeable about the project and its scope;
- advise MPRB staff and consultants throughout the planning process;
- contribute to broad community engagement;
- assist with ongoing communication of the plan to the general public;
- report back to your appointer or appointing bodies; and
- make recommendations to MPRB Commissioners on visions, principles, and designs.
- The RecQuest CAC is encouraged to bring their best ideas, their liveliest discussions, and their most honest criticisms. Willingness to compromise and to see the big picture is also a necessary component. This is the next legacy moment for Minneapolis recreation centers, and this CAC has a hand in shaping it.
- DRAFT RecQuest Phase 1 Report
- There will be a public comment period at all CAC meetings.
- The first CAC meeting will be held February 22, 6-8pm at Farview Park.
Any feedback or information for CAC members can be sent to Jamie Neldner for distribution – email@example.com or 612-499-9305.