Master plans play a critical role in the dual Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board mission. Characteristics of a park master plan include the following:
- Set a vision to guide long-term development and improvements to a park or group of parks
- Guide stewardship and help ensure that park features and amenities reflect the needs of the communities they serve
- Help ensure long-term financial and ecological sustainability
- Involve extensive engagement with individual and group stakeholders, other community partners and governmental entities
- Subject to review and comment by the public, as well as public hearings and approval by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board of Commissioners
Projects marked with a ** are currently underway.