Director, Design & Project Management
Subscribe to Email Updates
- Anticipated completion of installation at Nokomis
- Completion of installations at Webber, East Phillips, and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Construction Documents
- Anticipated completion of design, contracting, and permitting
- Board update at the June 15, 2016 Board Meeting
- Community updates to Webber Park, East Phillips Park, and Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park Stakeholder Groups
- Construction Documents Developed, Contracting Initiated
- Design Development: Development of Designs and Budgeting
- Presented proposed plans for solar installations at Open House #1, and Open House #3
- Parade Ice Garden installation of 150kW solar array completed
- Schematic development phase; Feasibility Analysis and Concept Development
January 7, 2015
- Board approves funding allocation for installation of a roof mounted photovoltaic array at Parade Ice Garden
- Board approves Sustology contract to implement the RDF grant
October 1, 2014
- MPRB Accepts Xcel Energy’s Renewable Development Fund Grant award in the amount of $969,741.00 for solar installations at park locations previously approved by the Board of Commissioners
- Xcel Energy recommended, and the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission approved, full funding of MPRB’s grant request
December 4th, 2013
- Board Action 2013-332: Project recommendations approved at meeting of the Board of Commissioners
- Community engagement conducted to identify potential project locations
- Site selection criteria [PDF]
April 3, 2013
- Resolution passed authorizing $1 million solar grant submission to Xcel at meeting of the Board of Commissioners
February 13, 2013
- Study item presented to Board of Commissioners: Overview of Xcel Renewable Development Fund (RDF) and anticipated MPRB application to the fund at the Innovation & Development Committee
Subscribe to Email Updates
Enter your email to receive updates about meetings, events and more.
Stakeholder groups (such as Neighborhood Organizations) are being updated with proposed project plans as they are developed.
There are currently no meetings scheduled. Check back or enter your email address above to subscribe and get notified of new meetings.
On December 13, 2010 the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board approved the 2011 Annual Budget. The budget provided for the establishment of a Sustainability Fund with 25% of the FY2010 excess fund balance, which was $395,162.00. Commissioners approved the establishment of the fund and guidelines for expenditures from the fund on June 20, 2012.
In spring 2013, the MPRB submitted a Renewable Development Fund (RDF) grant application in the amount of $969,741.00 with an MPRB match from the Sustainably Fund to Xcel Energy’s Grant for at least 200 kilowatts (kW) of solar panel installations on MPRB property.
Through a competitive selection process, the MPRB was one of only 20 projects out of 67 applications to receive funding. This is a very significant grant and will propel MPRB’s sustainability initiative. Annually, the combined projects will produce roughly 280,000 kilowatt hours, offset 400,000 pounds of carbon, and at today’s rates, reduce MPRB electricity bills by roughly $28,000.00. This project will also include interpretive and educational programming opportunities about sustainable solar energy for both children and adults in Minneapolis parks.
- MPRB Staff Time in-kind indirect match: $50,000
- MPRB Sustainability Fund: $100,000
- Xcel Energy RDF Grant (RDF): $969,741