Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center
3900 Bryant Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN 55409
Current Phase: Pre-Design
November 2016 - January 2017
March – May 2018
There are currently no meetings scheduled. Check back or enter your email address above to subscribe and get notified of new meetings.
Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center was identified in the MPRB 2017 Budget Rehabilitation Program for building improvements.
The park was once the site of William S. King’s “Lyndale Farm.” King’s one-time farmhouse, the last vestige of the farm, still stood in 1920 on the last parcel of land acquired for the park at 39th and Bryant. It was once the headquarters of a 1,400-acre farm that encompassed almost all of Lake Harriet. MPRB records indicate that the first deed to any part of this property was purchased in 1896.
The Lyndale Farmstead Recreation Center is only one of a handful of facilities within Lyndale Farmstead Park. The modest play facilities that were created in the park were upgraded in 1977 when the recreation center was constructed near 39th and Colfax and the playground was rebuilt.
The most recent developments in the park included a new playground and general site improvements in 2002. The East Harriet neighborhood contributed neighborhood revitalization funds to the project, but the bulk of the cost was paid with city bonds. The kitchen in the recreation center was upgraded in 2008.