Register for aquatics programs and tour the new Phillips Aquatics Center facility during Open House Week, April 11 – 17Posted on 27 March, 2018
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is getting ready for a big splash in the Phillips community.
Under construction for the past year, the Phillips Aquatics Center welcomes the public with a grand opening celebration on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
The aquatics center offers year-round indoor swimming, a first for the Minneapolis park system. Located inside the Phillips Community Center, it has its own welcome desk where visitors check in to access locker rooms and the facility’s two pools:
- A renovated six-lane pool can accommodate swim competitions and features a spectator area.
- A new four-lane pool is geared to swim instruction, with four lanes and zero-depth accessibility.
Get in the swim with aquatics programs and lessons for everyone!
Offering a wide range of programs, the Phillips Aquatics Center serves everyone from seasoned swimmers to people of all ages who are brand-new to pools. Highlights include water aerobics, open swim for families, water fitness for seniors, dedicated swim times for a range of groups and more. Programs and lessons begin Monday, April 23: Go online to browse the full schedule and register.
Get a first look during Open House Week
Leading up to the grand opening, MPRB hosts a week of open-house activities and tours to introduce its one-of-a-kind facility to the community. Come by to learn about all it offers:
- Pools: Take a “stay-dry” tour of the competition and teaching pools.
- Programs and lessons: Talk with MPRB staff about swim instruction, lap swim, family swim and more; register for programs that fit your needs and interests.
- Passes: Learn about admission options and purchase monthly and seasonal passes.
- Other amenities: Check out the new community meeting room, fitness center and teen center.
- Spread the word: Take home information to share with family and friends.
Open House Week schedule
Wednesday April 11, 4:30–7:30 pm
Thursday April 12, 4:30–7:30 pm
Friday April 13, 4:30–7:30 pm
Saturday April 14, 1–4 pm
Monday April 16, 4:30–7:30 pm
Tuesday April 17, 4:30–7:30 pm
Save the date: Grand Opening Celebration
Join us for a grand opening celebration on Saturday, April 21 at 11:30 am, with remarks from officials and light refreshments. A ceremonial community splash opens the pool at 1 pm! Stay tuned for an official invitation with details.