Alcohol consumption is not allowed in parks unless it is served at a Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board eatery licensed to serve alcohol, or you have a special use permit.
Occasionally, we provide permits for events or facilities to distribute alcohol. In those cases, alcohol consumption is allowed in designated areas.
Tobacco Use Policy
June 30, 2010
It is the policy of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board that no person shall:
- Smoke or use any tobacco product within any Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board owned or leased building, vehicle, or equipment
- Smoke or use any tobacco product within one hundred (100) feet of the entrance to any Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board owned or leased building
- Smoke or use any tobacco product inside the designated perimeter or within one hundred (100) feet of any playground, beach, wading pool, or water play area
- Smoke or use any tobacco product within the bleachers or stands, or within fifty (50) feet of any youth athletic field or youth athletic contest
- Smoke or use any tobacco product anywhere in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, The Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden and Bird Sanctuary, Lyndale Park Gardens, The Rose Garden, Peace Garden, Longfellow Garden, Roberts Bird Sanctuary, Lake Harriet Bandstand, Wirth Winter Recreation Area
- Smoke or use any tobacco product at any permitted event; however the event may apply for a waiver to this policy
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board:
- Directs that appropriate signs be posted in the specific areas the Tobacco‐Free Policy applies
- Directs that the community, especially facility and program users and staff be notified of this policy
- Directs that staff will make periodic observations of the recreation facilities and programs to monitor compliance
- Directs that any person found violating this policy may be subject to immediate ejection from the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board facility and/or program