With 12 beaches in the park system, you can find your own getaway not too far from home. Minneapolis beaches are located near other attractions, such as playgrounds, picnic areas and biking and walking paths.
- Beaches open 6 am-10 pm daily
- Busiest beaches have lifeguards on duty during peak use June 13 through late August 2014 as listed below
- Lifeguard hours will extend through 8 pm if it is 85 degrees at 6 pm. Check current weather
- Lifeguards may be off-duty due to inclement weather or when air temperature is below 65 degrees
- Beach preparations (putting buoys out, sand raking) typically completed prior to Memorial Day weekend
- Group use permits available at several beaches for birthday parties, other recreational swimming events for more than 10 people. Call 612-230-6400 for details. Group Use Application [PDF]
Beach Locations, Hours, and Amenities
*Open swim available for adults to swim outside buoy areas.
Keep Beaches and Lakes Healthy and Safe
We routinely test and monitor beaches throughout the swim season. Water quality data is updated online from early June through mid-August. View beach status, or call the Beach Hotline at 612-313-7713.
Follow posted beach rules and respect lifeguards and fellow beach users. View beach rules and tips.
View a Map of Beaches, Wading Pools, & Water Parks
Sign up to receive Activities, Programs, and Events email updates.