With 12 beaches in the park system, you can find your own getaway not too far from home. Minneapolis beaches are located near other attractions, such as playgrounds, picnic areas and biking and walking paths. Go for a swim, build sandcastles, enjoy a picnic lunch!
- Beaches are open 6 am-10 pm daily
- Lifeguards are scheduled at our busiest beaches during peak use early June to late August
- Beaches with lifeguards and their facilities are open 11 am-7 pm on the days listed below
- Lifeguard hours will be extended to 8 pm if it is 85 degrees at 6 pm. Check current weather
- Lifeguards may be off-duty due to inclement weather or when air temperature is below 65 degrees
- Beach preparations, including putting buoys out and sand raking, are typically completed prior to Memorial Day weekend
Beach Locations, Hours, and Amenities
*Open swim available for adults to swim outside bouy areas.
Keep Beaches and Lakes Healthy and Safe
The MPRB routinely tests and monitors beaches throughout the swim season. Water quality data is updated online from early June through mid-August. View current beach status, or call the MPRB Beach Hotline at 612-313-7713.
Follow posted beach rules and respect lifeguards and fellow beach users. View beach rules and tips.
Several Minneapolis beaches offer group use permits for special occasions such as birthday parties and other recreational swimming events for more than 10 people. Call 612-230-6400 for additional information or download an application for group use.
View a Map of Beaches, Wading Pools, & Water Parks
Sign up to receive Activites, Programs, and Events email updates.