Minneapolis Off-Leash Dog Parks
Our four-legged friends often need time to run, play and meet new friends. The Minneapolis Park System offers seven off-leash dog parks for dogs to exercise alongside their human companions and fellow canines. An Off-Leash Dog Park Permit is required to use Minneapolis dog parks.
View Minneapolis Dog Parks in a larger map
Residents and non-residents are invited to enjoy Minneapolis dog parks!
Off-Leash Dog Park Permits
- An Off-Leash Dog Park Permit is required in order to bring a dog to any off-leash dog park within the Minneapolis Park System (City of Minneapolis Ordinance 64.55)
- Minneapolis residents must license dogs prior to applying for an Off-Leash Dog Park Permit (City of Minneapolis Ordinance 64.10)
- All dogs are required to have a vaccination for rabies before receiving an Off-Leash Dog Park Permit
- Permits are valid for 12 months following the date of issuance
- Permits are valid for all Minneapolis dog parks
Four Easy Ways to Buy an Off-Leash Dog Park Permit
Online: Purchase an Off-Leash Dog Park Permit Online
By Mail: Print the Off-Leash Dog Park Permit Application
In Person: Stop by the MPRB Customer Service Desk, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis MN 55411 (open weekdays, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.)
By Phone: Call Customer Service at 612-230-6400 (available weekdays, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Payment may be made by cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).
Call the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board at 612-230-6400 if you have questions about the use and location of the dog parks, or to report a lost Off-Leash Recreation tag. Call 911 in case of emergency while using the dog parks.
Note: Anyone without a proper permit may be issued a $40 citation.
View Maps & Additional Dog Park Information