< Permits & Reservations
Picnic Permit Application Process
Picnic Permit Application
- All picnic permit applications are taken on a first paid, first served basis.
- Returning customers interested in reserving the same picnic shelter may submit a Facilities Use Permit Application beginning 365 days prior to the proposed picnic reservation date. New customers interested in reserving a picnic shelter may submit a Facilities Use Permit Application beginning 335 days prior to the proposed picnic shelter reservation date.
- A completed application must be submitted and appropriate fee must be paid before a site and date will be reserved or a permit issued.
- No refunds will be given once a picnic permit has been issued.
- Picnic Permit Applications will be accepted in person, via fax, online or mail.
- All applications will be processed in the order received.
- For more information about picnic rates and facilities, call 612-230-6400.
- Fill out the online application form online click on Reservations
- Beard's Plaissance
- Boom Island A
- Boom Island B
- Boom Island C
- Columbia Park
- Minnehaha 2
- North Mississippi
- Wabun A
- Wabun B
- Wabun C
- Wabun D
- Wabun E
- Wabun F
- Wabun G
- Wirth Park
- In Person or By Phone:
- Park Board Headquarters - 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Print out and complete permit application form; also available at Permit Office
- By Fax:
- Print out and
complete permit application form
- Must include your signature, credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) account number and expiration date.
- Fax to: 612-230-6513
- By Mail:
- Print out and complete permit application form
- Mail to: Picnic Permits, Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Please include check or complete credit card information.
- Applicants may reserve picnic areas for half or full days.
- Half-day hours are 9am to 3pm or 4pm to 10pm
Parking for picnic sites:
- No fires outside of grills
- Picnic permit allows for 3.2 beer only; no kegs
- No amplification allowed in parks
- No refunds
Refunds will be issued if, on the day of your picnic, the picnic area you reserved was not clean and ready for you.
Rates are subject to change. Please call to verify information.