President Obama will visit Minnehaha Park on Thursday, June 26, and Lake Harriet on Friday, June 27. These high security events will impact nearby parkways, buildings, parking lots, and trails. Please follow all detours and parking restrictions.
Road closures and parking restrictions are subject to change.
Thursday, June 26, Minnehaha Park
Event closed to the public
Parking Restrictions Begin at 12 am, Thursday, June 26
No parking within Minnehaha Park, including all parking lots and metered parking spaces.
Road Closures Begin at 8 am, Thursday, June 26
Roads will reopen following the event.
- Godfrey Parkway
- Minnehaha Parkway: 39th Ave. So. to roundabout at Godfrey Parkway
- Minnehaha Avenue: E 46th St. to roundabout at Godfrey Parkway
- Minnehaha Park Drive: to E 54th St.
Minnehaha Park Facility Closures Begin at 8 am, Thursday, June 26
Facilities will reopen following the event.
- All pedestrian and bike trails
- Minnehaha Dog Park
- Minnehaha Park north plateau playground
- Minnehaha Refectory (park building), Sea Salt
- Longfellow House/Longfellow Garden
- Minnehaha Falls
- Outdoor concert - canceled
Veterans Home access available via 46th Avenue only.
View details about President Obama's Friday visit to Lake Harriet.