Bohemian Flats is located southeast of Downtown Minneapolis around a river bend from St. Anthony Falls along the west bank of the Mississippi River.
Bohemian Flats was formerly a residential area. About the time city was incorporated (1867), immigrants seeking employment in Minneapolis or at the St. Anthony mills began settling there.
The Washington Avenue Bridge was constructed over the area in 1884, linking central Minneapolis with the campus of the University of Minnesota, on the east bank of the river. By 1900, the 100 homes, a few stores, and a church created what many described as an Old World-style village below the University.
Minneapolis Queen and Paradise Charter Cruises offers private charters and daily public cruise tours on the Mississippi River, departing from the Bohemian Flats.
|Biking Path|| ||
|Pay Parking Lot|| ||
|Restroom Facilities|| ||