Beaches are open daily 6 a.m.-10 p.m., with lifeguards scheduled early June through late August
Recent improvements to Wirth Beach Area include a new 280-foot long beach boardwalk that wraps around the swim area, playgrounds, sand volleyball courts and parking lot. A new boardwalk along the north end of Wirth Lake completes a trail loop around the lake, while a restored wetland and other enhancements will improve the lake’s water quality.
Additional features at Wirth Beach include:
- Seating surrounding the swimming beach
- Shade shelters on the beach and near the playground
- Pergola with seating
- Accessible beach with mobi mats for wheelchair/walker access
- Shower tower (outdoor shower)
- Vending inside the beach house
- Lifeguards (as scheduled)
Beach area improvements
The water quality of our public beaches is monitored by the park system on a regular basis. For current beach status call the Beach Hotline at 612-313-7713, or click on the Current Water Quality Information icon below:
Please help keep our beaches clean by observing the following rules:
• Make sure infants are wearing swim diapers.
• Dogs are not allowed on beaches or in the water.
• Don’t feed ducks and other waterfowl, as they contribute bacteria and phosphorus to lakes.
Historical Profile: More information about this and other parks is included in Parks, Lakes, Trails and So Much More, a richly detailed account of the histories of Minneapolis’ renowned recreational system.
|This facility is located in: Theodore Wirth Park|
|Basketball Court|| ||
|Biking Path|| ||
Cross Country Skiing|
|Drinking Fountain|| ||
|Picnic Area|| ||
|Sand Volleyball Court|| ||
|Walking Path|| |