Bordered by Main St. NE and 2nd St. NE, Dickman Park is located a few blocks northeast of Boom Island Park and the B.F. Nelson Park site in the St. Anthony West neighborhood.
The many picnic tables, benches and pergola seating area make the park a great place to enjoy a leisurely day. For more active pursuits, Dickman Park offers a half-court for basketball, courts for volleyball and tetherball and a horseshoe pit. Popular with neighborhood kids are the park’s totlot playground and wading pool. Nearby parks offering youth programs and other activities include Logan Park and Bottineau Park.
Originally known as the Main Street Northeast Playground Site, Dickman Park was renamed in 1955 after Ralph E. Dickman, a Hennepin County Commissioner who was also a youth worker in northeast Minneapolis. The park facilities were renovated in 1991.
Historical Profile: More information about this and other parks is included in Parks, Lakes, Trails and So Much More, a richly detailed account of the histories of Minneapolis’ renown recreational system.
|Craft Room|| ||
|Picnic Area|| ||
|Tot Lot/Playground|| ||