Built in 1882-83 by James J. Hill's Minneapolis Union Railway Company, the Stone Arch Bridge is recognized as a National Civil Engineering Landmark.
The bridge provides a link between Father Hennepin Bluffs Park on the east bank, and Mill Ruins Park and West River Parkway on the west bank.
In 1994 the bridge was converted into a pedestrian and bike trail and offers a panoramic view of St. Anthony Falls.
Named winner of 2008 Best Place to Take Out-of-Town Guests in City Pages' ''Best of the Twin Cities.''
Historical Profile: More information about this and other parks is included in Parks, Lakes, Trails and So Much More, a richly detailed account of the histories of Minneapolis’ renown recreational system.
For more information on the history of the Stone Arch Bridge and other historic bridges in the area, visit www.mrdbridges.com.
|Biking Path|| ||
Pay Parking Lot|
|Walking Path|| |