< About MPRB
< Organizational Structure
| || |
An annual meeting of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board takes place on the first business day in January of each year. The following business is conducted:
- The Board elects two Commissioners as President and Vice-President and appoints a Secretary who is not a member of the Board.
- Whenever a vacancy occurs in the office of an elected Commissioner, the Board fills that vacancy, usually through appointment.
- The President appoints Commissioners to serve on Standing Committees of the Board. Each Committee has five Board members (including the Chair of the Committee), with the Chair of the Committee named first. Standing Committees include:
- Operations and Environment
- Administration and Finance
- Legislation and Inter-Governmental
- Standards and Conduct
- Innovation and Development
Learn more about MPRB's current commissioners.
To see how our organization is structured, view our organizational chart.